St. Mark’s Episcopal Church and Academy
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is located on the Indian River in Historic Cocoa Village. A group of settlers, many of whom came from South Carolina and Georgia, met for the first time on the porch of the Hatch residence in Rockledge on June 2, 1878. This small congregation, formed as St. Michael’s, would later take the name St. Mark’s.
The church building was built by a local shipbuilder, great-grandfather of a present member. During the “Florida Boom,” the church was expanded by adding transepts and the original board and batten church was remodeled in the Spanish style of the day.
Thursby Hall, the parish hall, was added in 1942, and the Parish Day School was formed in 1956.
The school, consisting of grades Pre-K through six and now known as St. Mark’s Episcopal Academy, is a viable and active mission of the church and in 2015, had an enrollment of 116.
Thousands of students have benefited from this church mission in 60 years of activity, and the class of 2016 was the biggest class ever to graduate from St. Mark’s Academy, with 20 students!4 Church Street Cocoa, Florida 32922 321-636-3781 Email Visit Website Visit Facebook